Sunday, October 26, 2008

Book Club

It's been awhile to say the least...I will blame it on nothing exciting happening. Although, we did get the trampoline...I will post pictures of that later...and I guess I was too old to get one, because I hurt my back and neck on it. As of right now it is folded up in the barn.

I have been busy re-reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy. I read it this summer after my trip to Switzerland and liked it a lot, but it was one of those books that I HAD to talk to someone about it. My dad was the only person I knew that had read it and I talked to him a little bit, but need MORE. So I started a book club as school (nerdy I know). I chose the first book, and we are going to meet every other month. I have already had people complain to me about the book...the ending more so..but that is typical of McCarthy. I am excited to talk to a group of people and get their take on the book. There is also a movie coming out in November. I usually don't like to see the movies because they ruin the book and the way that I think of the characters, but this is one that I cannot wait to see how they portray everything in the book because it was so different. If you get the chance to read it, let me know what you think!

No comments: